Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"A haze hangs over the city," she tries.

She tries: "A lenient master is a cruel master."

"Heavy hangs the head that wears the crown."

"I bet he's lonely in that big house."


She tries breathing.


She tries: "I'm strugging for independence."

She tries: "Posting this to Facebook shows courage. Not to post it shows cowardice."

"No one listens to me."

"No one listens anyway."


She tries smoothing the fur of a buffalo rug.
She tries feeling guilty.


"I just don't see it ever coming right," she tries.

"I need a god," she tries.


She tries praying.


She tries spooning coconut milk over her lips.
She tries playing games.
She tries cycling downhill, tries not to brake.


"I should have--"


She tries: "I must discover the meaning of 'will'."

She tries: "That cat is dying."


She tries dying.


"Only necessary things," she tries.

"I opened my eyes and it was still morning."

"Maybe it's all true."